SIMPLE SAVORY SAGE POT PIE
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Medium Yellow Onion - Chopped
1 Large Carrot - Sliced
3 Stalks of Celery - Sliced
1 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Sage
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 15.8Oz Can Great Northern Beans
1 Cup Frozen Green Peas
1 Cup Vegetable Broth
1 Tablespoon White Flour
1 Packet Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuit (you can use any biscuit)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or to temperature required on biscuit instructions).
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add onions, celery, carrots, sage, salt and pepper.
4. Cook ingredients on medium low heat for 5 - 7 minutes. Carrots should be tender.
5. Add beans, green peas, and vegetable broth. Bring to boil.
6. As soon as you see a boil, slowly add the flour. I added about 1/4th, stirred, 1/4th, stirred and so on. This will help eliminate lumps.
7. Simmer on low for 3 - 5 additional minutes.
8. Add your mixture to ramekins (I used 8 8 oz ramekins).
9. Cover each ramekin with a biscuit.
10. Bake according to biscuit directions.