Mushroom & Spinach Farfalle Pasta
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1 oz Porcini Mushrooms
1 Cup Portabella Mushrooms
1 Small Bell Pepper
½ Teaspoon Salt (plus salt for cooking pasta)
½ Teaspoon Pepper
½ Cup Vegetable Broth
¼ Cup White Wine
2 Cups Farfalle Pasta
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
3 Cups Spinach (Packed)
1. Cook your pasta according to package direction, adding salt to the water.
2. Add the butter and olive oil to a medium sized pan. Add your garlic and let cook for approximately 3-4 minutes, until the garlic begins to brown.
3. Add mushrooms and bell peppers, cook until soft.
4. Mix your vegetable broth and wine. Slowly add about 1/4 cups of this combination to the mushroom mixture. Allow the liquid to absorb. About about 1/2 of the liquid that is left. Allow to adsorb. And then add the final about of liquid. Let approximately 1/2 of the remaining liquid absorb before going to the next step.
5. Add whipping cream. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Add drained pasta and gently stir together. Add the spinach and gently stir that in.
This recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum!