This recipe is adapted from Buzz Feed.
4 Ounces Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (chopped)
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (butter should be room temperature, plus more for greasing ramekins)
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 Tablespoons All-Pupose Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Flavoring
1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1. Preheat oven to 425°F, and generously grease four ramekins with butter. Place the greased cups on a baking sheet or oven safe dish.
2. Put the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, take it out and stir it, then microwave it for another 15 - 20 seconds and stir it again. It should be completely melted. If there are still chunks of unmelted chocolate, continue to microwave for 10 second intervals until smooth.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, cream the room temperature butter and the sugar with an electric mixer or a rubber spatula. The mixture should be thoroughly combined, smooth, and paste-like, not lumpy.
4. Add the two eggs and vanilla flavoring to the creamed butter and sugar, and beat it with the electric mixer or a whisk until everything is combined and the mixture is starting to foam, about one minute. Add the flour and salt, and again beat everything with the mixer until it’s thoroughly mixed.
5. Add about 1/3 of the melted chocolate to the mixture in the mixing bowl, then use a rubber spatula to gently fold it in. Add the rest of the chocolate mixture, and fold together until you have a uniform batter with no streaks.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the ramekins, then bake the cakes in the preheated oven until the tops are just set but the cakes still jiggle slightly when you shake them, about 11 minutes.
7. Let the finished cakes sit in cups for five minutes when they’re finished baking. Then, flip each cup over on a dessert plate, and tap the bottoms of the cups so that the cakes fall out.
8. Serve immediately.
Garnish with powdered sugar and berries.